- Ayurveda Dosha Massage (Incorporates organic herbal oils from Banyan Botanicals Vata, Pitta, or Kapha) depending on what is going on for you physically these oils combined with different types of Ayurvedic massage techniques can help to increase deep vitality, balance, and wellness for the physical body, the mind, and the energy systems. This is a very profoundly relaxing, healing, and restorative type of bodywork. It is an amazing treatment.
- Pregnancy / Prenatal Massage I use organic unscented coconut or sesame oil in this massage. I incorporate a very caring and present energy healing space to support the beautiful process of motherhood and all that is around and within that powerful process. I use light to deep pressure depending upon each woman's preference. I use the side-lying style and also prop the woman up so that she can lay on her back comfortably. Focusing on the neck and shoulders, low back, hips and feet. This is a wonderful treat for any expecting mother.
- Labor Induction Massage, Birth Preparation Massage I use organic unscented coconut or sesame oil. I incorporate either light to deep pressure depending upon what the woman's needs are. I recommend a series of these massages starting at 37 weeks onwards. I work with specific acupressure points, stretches, and techniques that are good for helping to facilitate the birthing process. As the labor date approaches closer I can help to guide the baby into the birth position. This is a very beautiful and intentional time and can be a incredibly beneficial treatments. (As medical complications can arise this is not a replacement for medical treatment or answer for certain things that can come up) I have had some very very positive outcomes that have supported natural birth and something very deeply supportive to expecting mothers.
- Deep Tissue & Sports Massage I use organic unscented coconut oil or organic unscented sesame oil sometimes also combined with Mahanarayan Oil from Banyan Botanicals which greatly helps with sore muscles and joint pain. I use moderately deep to very very deep pressure depending upon what is needed to help release the muscles. I also incorporate trigger point therapy, neuromuscular and myofascial release, micro movement stretching, thai stretching, and heat pack therapy. After this massage you will feel very limber, rejuvenated, and connected to your body. Great for cyclists, dancers, athletes, and those with tight muscles that want a good tension relief.
- Swedish Massage I use organic unscented coconut oil or sesame oil. This is a deeply relaxing meditation type of replenishing and rejuvenate massage. I work with light stretching and long focused flowing gliding strokes that helps to turn the mind off and brings forth heart engagement. This type of massage is excellent for the nervous system, the respiratory system, the lymphatic system especially. This style moves the energy very fluidly and is great for working through physical, mental, and emotional blocks. It is a very relaxing treatment. I also incorporate if wished complimentary organic herbal lavender heat packs.
- Injury Rehabilitation & Pre or Post Operation Massage I use organic unscented coconut or sesame oil in this massage. I focus to find the areas of scar tissue or muscle tear and help soften, melt, and carefully stretch and open up the area of tightness, restriction, and ease pain. The physical body can be a powerful reflection sometimes also of our inner selves. Injuries or pains and aches can be beautiful and humbling teachers for our hearts. During this type of massage I intent to put myself towards holding space and support for the spiritual process of the individual silently and energetically while also adapting massage technique that can help bring relief - and increase flexibility, mobility, and healing.
"Best massage experience, hands down. Lauren is professional, welcoming, compassionate, confident, intuitive and open. This was the first deep tissue massage I've had that was actually really deep! I am usually disappointed with massage therapists not going deep enough but Lauren is not afraid to use heavy pressure...and she has a gift of doing so in a gentle, healing, and nurturing way. I really appreciated how she tailored the massage to focus on trouble spots I had mentioned and was able to release some deep-seated tension... I would recommend her to anyone looking for truly deep, intuitive, healing bodywork."